fruitu

Thursday, January 10, 2008

SAHAJO AN ENLIGHTENED WOMAN

Sahajo, also known as, Sahajo Bai was a disciple of the great teacher Charandas.she was an eighteenth century mystic from Rajasthan.
Sahajo means (essence of simplicity) her poems are simple marked by natural style and direct from heart. She is highly devoted to her guru charandas. Osho in his book Showering without clouds speaks about Sahajo and her beautiful poems.

In this poem Sahajo beautifully expresses her relationship with her master and she keeps her master above God.

I can abandon God, but I would not forsake my master.
God is not the equal of my master.

God has given me birth into this world.
My master has freed me from the cycle of birth and death.

God gave me the five thieves.
My master freed me from them when I was helpless.

God threw me into the net of the family.
My master cut away the chains of attachment.

God ensnared me in desire and disease.
My master has freed me from all this by initiating me.

God made me to wander in the illusion of doing.
My master showed me my being.

God hid himself from me.
My master gave me a lamp to illuminate him.

Above all, God created this duality of bondage and freedom.
My master destroyed all these illusions.

I offer myself, body mind and soul
At the feet of my master,Charandas.

I can abandon God, but I can never abandon my master.

This poem is direct dilse, pranams to Sahajo, This poem is a real tribute to Gurubhakti.

The problem with reading about such great masters and mystics is, I feel bad about myself and I don't know when I will start my journey towards my innerself and I don't know how many births I have to take to realise Who am I?.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


View My Stats